- 2.5 cups sugar
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup corn syrup
- 1 stick of salted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2.5 cups chopped pecans
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- In a bowl, combine coconut and pecans; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the sugar, milk, corn syrup, & butter. Heat while stirring until the mixture comes to a full rolling boil. Let it boil while stirring for 3 minutes.
- Remove the pot from heat & stir in the vanilla extract along with the coconut/pecan mixture. Stir the mixture well to combine after you remove it from the heat.
- Drop by large spoonfuls on wax paper or nonstick aluminum foil. Allow to cool so that the cookies harden completely.
- Serves: about 2 dozen cookies