Graze: To feed on growing grasses.



The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul.


-Ps. 23:1-6

Growing up on a farm, I used to watch the cows, sheep & horses graze in the pasture. Each morning we would open the gate to the barnyard and they knew there was freedom from that small pen they were in. They also knew there was nice green grass beyond the barnyard. Once the gate was open, look out because those animals wanted to get where the tall, green grass grew – the pasture! They would take off sometimes even running up the old fenced lane that went up over the hill through the cornfield to the lush green pasture on the other side of the farm. There they would graze for a while then lay down and rest for a while then graze some more. They did this all day long. Come evening we would go over to the pasture’s edge and call the cows – 'come boss, 'come boss. They would gather at the pasture gate. Sometimes we would have to go round up a few stragglers and when all were accounted for, we’d open the lane gate and back over the hill they would go to the barnyard for the night. The next morning was the same routine, day after day.
What a life, huh?!

Oh that we could just graze and rest in shady green pastures all day long! But we can rest and graze in God’s green pastures and restore our souls . . . The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. (Ps. 23:1) I believe God wants us to slow down and “rest” and “graze” and “feed” on His Word. Life throws so many things our way and we are so busy – busy doing good things. But are we running on empty a good share of the time? Are we feeling stretched to extreme? Are we content with who we are in God’s divine providence? Slow down and take some time to just leisurely graze, rest a while, then graze and feed on the good things God has provided for you. Graze, rest, and enjoy the “shady green pastures” of God’s abundant love, grace, and mercy.

Monday, April 12, 2010

Seek His Face

I love art - it facinates me to see the many types of talent God has given people. No two of us are alike. We are all created so differently - each one of us is "wonderfully made" by the Master Creator" Himself! ("I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well" Ps. 139:14.) How awesome is that?? Some speak, sing, play instruments, write, draw, paint, design, build - all creating from the gifts God has given to each. As we "Seek His Face Contiually" (Ps 100), He will help us discover our true potential and those special gifts He wants us to use. I hope you are using those special one-of-a-kind gifts that God has given to you and you alone. It is only when you discover them, use them, and share them that you can reach your full potential as God sees you - as He created you to be. Then is the time that you will find the peace and contentment in using your God-given gifts to His honor and glory. It is then that you will discover that those gifts can bring healing, hope, honor, and blessing to you and also to those around you. What are your talents and gifts? How are you developing them? How are you using them? What have you always wanted to do but have been afraid to step out and do? Today is the day! Don't delay! Dust off your gifts, your special talents, and start using them today. You just might surprise yourself as you let God who created you, finish the work He started in you!

Like I said, I enjoy art. This is an amazing picture! The "longer" you look at this picture, the "more" you see.


No comments:

Post a Comment