UPSIDE DOWN CAKE
1. Preheat oven to 350. Melt 2/3 cup of butter; Stir in brown sugar.
2. Spread in bottom of 12-inch iron skillet or a 13 X 9 X 2 pan. DO NOT GREASE.
3. Arrange pineapple slices over sugar mixture; Place a cherry in the center of each.
4. Sprinkle with pecans and set aside.
5. In large bowl cream sugar and remaining butter; Beat in eggs and vanilla.
6. Combine all dry ingredients; Add alternately with the buttermilk, mixing well after each addition.
7. Pour carefully over sugar mixture.
8. Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick test says it's done. Immediately invert onto serving platter.
Well, it is National Pineapple Upside Down Cake Day!!!! So who's going to give it a try? Any takers today? Try it and see if you like it or if you don't - then don't try it again next year!! I think it looks pretty good and I haven't fixed one for a long time.